It's simple...without anger or rancor, you calmly but firmly explain to
her that you understand how accidents can happen, but now it's her task
to find and purchase a like condition replacement, wherever she can, out
of HER money.
If she doesn't have any money of her own, she can sweep sidewalks or
find some other part time job until she earns the appropriate amount.

And you wanted to lop off her head, didn't you? Tsk, tsk, tsk...

I don't know if I'd have handled it with such apomb...

keith whaley