On May 29, 2003 09:25 am, Herb Chong wrote:
> yes it is the point. metal frames come from kits and cut pieces of some
> long length. i can make my own digital camera with a KAF2 mount too. being
> possible in theory doesn't make it possible in practice.

        You're saying you can't cut the metal accurate enough? Have you seen a wooden
door shrink during the dry winter? Then during the summer the same door will
swell so much it won't close? Why  do you think a wooden frame wouldn't do
the exact same thing? It's harder to seal wood then something like metal.
Even very stable types of wood  move more then metal.

        Nick