Ok, I will be more specific about my KEH repairs experience (which happened about a
month ago). My MX had two problems:

1. lousy meter (inaccurate and drained batteries)
2. focusing -- what I saw in focus on the GG wasn't on the film.

I have contacted them (i.e. KEH) and asked if they can take care of these. The person
(I don't remember the name) answered that yes, sure. Along the way he speculated that
focusing may be the lens' fault, but since it happens with *every* lens I own, I have
convinced him otherwise.

After I had my camera back ($110 repair), I have found that the meter stopped working
at shutter speeds < 1/4s. After I have checked the focus (shooting a ruler), I have
found it off as well. So I wrote back, sent the camera back, got it again. The meter
is fine, but the focus is still off (I shot with different lenses to be sure).

The person I dealt with was polite but all my technical questions she refered to a
mysterious Tech (capitalization's his), who apparently does speak english (explanation
why the "Tech" cannot answer my questions himself). After 2 failed attempts, they
offered the 3rd one. When I complained that USPS doesn't work for free, they offer to
reimburse postage but not insurance. At this point I had had enough and told them what
I think of the service in very straightforward language. After my demands, they have
returned the money. So I am back at square one.

By the way, this is not the first time I ran in KEH incompetence. Some time ago I have
been thinking about buying from them a lens, which had a permanent built in filter. I
thought it was yellow, but decided to ask. After TWO WEEKS of email bouncing back and
forth and referral to (again) some Tech (who's supposed to look at it), I was told
it's blue. After the whole deal was over, I have found their old catalog where this
lens was on a page inset, with text stating it's a yellow filter. Man, talk about
people being color blind!

To be fair to them, the things I have actually bought from them were really great, and
they accept returns without questions.

Mishka