Arnold,
I agree with you.  The 85mm f2 is a sweet lens.  Perhaps it's the
size/weight, perhaps it's the extra light for focusing, but some of my favorite
portraits
were taken with it.  It was so easy to sit around the dining room table and
shoot family candids.  No flash, no fuss, just some memories to save for
later...
Regards,  Bob S.