HAR!  Thanks for a good one, Ann.

Well, about an hour after I posted my whiney posts last evening, I broke
the carafe from my coffee maker.  Luckily, it wasn't one of my lovely
1940's Silex vacuum coffee makers (that would have been devastating!), but
the carafe hit the tiled floor, and exploded, tiny shards of glass going
everywhere.  I think I got them all, but I'm also thinking, "hey, if this
is the third thing, that ain't so bad".

OTOH, talked to a very pretty red head that I've been eyeing for a couple
of months at the local cafe.  And, most important, I have my kids here this
weekend, which puts everything into perspective.

Life is indeed good.

cheers,
frank