http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1215748651

I received the above listed equipment I won in an ebay auction today.
Initially I was somewhat disappointed because my first impression was that
the equipment was significantly more beat up than the auction indicated.

A more detailed examination yielded a somewhat different impression. The LX
body is probably an 8+, with the exception of the rewind lever, which has
almost completely lost it's plastic sheathing. I plan on contacting Pentax
USA and finding out if that can be replaced. The rest of the body is in
excellent condition, with minor brassing on a few edges.

The FA-1 finder condition is best described as "must have been used to
hammer nails." A couple of serious dents, white paint missing from the
letters that spell out PENTAX, and a somewhat dirty field of view. The poor
external condition of the finder was what gave me my initial negative
impression.

The SMC-M 35mm f/2.0 is what KEH would likely call "bargain" condition. The
lens body shows significant wear, with the finish gone from any sharp
edges. The lens operates perfectly, and the glass is clean.

The Winder LX is 9.0 shape, with the exception that the leatherette is
starting to peel in two spots. A judicious application of adhesive should
fix that. The previous owner did not, however, store the winder caps in the
spots reserved for them in the winder, so they are missing.

Despite the somewhat rough overall appearance, the camera seemed to
function perfectly once fresh batteries were installed. No sticky mirror,
no infinity focus problems.

I put my Dial Data back on the body and shot two rolls of film, 12
exposures each of 200 and 400 Kodak Gold. Presuming I can get to the local
photo shop tomorrow, I'll have the film developed and scan the negatives to
see how things turned out.

David<