> Well, I'll say this much: i'm a teenager,
and just got a
super program
> (on the cheap) as an upgrade to my mom's a3000. Works fine for me.
>
> Maybe pentax should just try updating the zx-m/mz-m to have a few (not
> too many!) more features. They've already got the niche for students.
> Most i know use either that or the k1000, one lucky girl i know uses an
> mx and won't touch anything else.
>

>            --Daniel Liu
>            "Free speech is the right to shout
>            'theater' in a crowded fire."

Prior to joining this list(which seems to cost me money every day,lol) I only had
manual
focus Pentax
gear.As my interest in the hobby began to rise again,i realized it would become
specialized equipment
for special assignments.I still use mf for portraits,landscapes, IR, and 90% of B&W and
chromes.The AF
is needed only in special cases of my "action " work and that is done by Nikon,only
because Pentax was
not a digital player at the time of my 'expansion' plans.I added the Nikon AF film
camera
only as it was
cheaper to add 1 body to several existing lenses than upgrade the SF-1 TO A pz-1Pwith
appropriate
glass.
Teh SF-1 performs very well,and i actually like it over the AF nikon,but the nikon
feels
better in my
hands,and a lot quieter.
My main focus<g> is now back to Pentax with the newly aquired 6x7.Look out B&W neg
film<vbg>

Dave