Buenos, Jose!

> "I think your gut feeling is correct...  KEH is more
> conservative than Adorama in my experience.  I ordered
> a SMC K 105mm f/2.8 in EXC+ condition a couple years
> ago and I felt they rated it properly.  Last year I
> ordered a Pentax LX in Demo condition and it was Mint-
> in appearance but the camera did need a CLA (sticky
> mirror, focus inaccurate, etc..)  They did eventually
> paid for the CLA.
>
> Your assessment is accurate.  KEH is very conservative
> but Adorama is pretty good as well.  They do have a good
> return policy if you are not happy with your purchase.
> I would not hesitate purchasing used items (especially
> lenses) in EXC or better condition from Adorama.

Thanks for the response! That business about "They did EVENTUALLY pay for
the CLA." (my emphasis) sounds a trifle ominous, but the rest sounded about
like I thought. I'll have to try ordering something and see how it goes, I
guess. I've also been using this US$25 "UPS Next Day Air Saver" shipping
from KEH and it has worked well coming across country, only one or two days
every time, and I'm usually ordering late in the East Coast evening. Having
shipments made to my work, where we receive tons of stuff everyday probably
helped too...

Thanks again for relating your experiences!

- THaller