On 3 Jun 2003 at 9:14, Bob Walkden wrote:

> My M3 has the old-style loading where you have to take the spool out,
> whereas my M4-2 has the new-style loading. The M3 is really quite slow
> to load. The M4 loading system seems to be as good as any others that
> I know, though. The Pentax magic needle system has always been quite
> good for me, but is no better than the M4, and the M4 is probably
> actually better than the Contax RX loading system.

Yeah, I agree, I should have been more specific, my experience is with M4
through to M6TTL bodies. Even though it's good I don't think that the magic
needle system is as robust or sure as the M4-6 loading system. Andrew N has a
good no fuss M4-7 film loading procedure at his site:
http://www.nemeng.com/leica/000b.shtml

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998