On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 15:08:22 -0400, tom wrote:

>Flash gear is just delicate.

I've never had that problem.  I was pulling one of my AF360FGZ's apart
the other day to make some modifications to it, and it's not what I
would call flimsy.  Apart from the 25 screws I had to take out to get
it as far apart as I needed to, the case is quite solid plastic - I had
to put a 10 millimetre square hole in it.

The only broken flash I ever had I bought that way (an AF240FT with a
broken hotshoe), and the nearest I cam to breaking flash equipment was
when I managed to rip the hotshoe off a Super A while "running" 400
metres through nearly knee deep mud to get to a phone to call an
ambulance for someone we suspected of being bitten by a blueringed
octopus - I really wasn't worrying about the camera at that point.

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon