Do those super strength aluminium alloys cost a lots more than, say steel?

regards,
Alan Chan

I've dealt with designing and fabricating parts out of aluminum for most
of my professional life, and in the past 25+ years for aero- and outer
space programs and let me tell you, there are aluminum alloys available
that can match the strength and come close to the thermal expansion of
good steel.
What the average consumer has been exposed to are soft and weak,
comparatively speaking.

No reason to expect that the camera industry wouldn't have just much
interest in making parts of the best aluminum alloys, with properties
chosen to do the job.
Which is not to say that there aren't some parts from manufacturers who
don't care about ultimate strengths and dent resistance and wear
properties, but I can assure you, the major manufacturers certainly do.