I've been working @ Honda R&D America for the last 6 weeks or so.
Fascinating experience.
Very conservative, but not like a US/Western company conservative.
Adds some light to the Pentax "slow" issue.
They don't expand lines beyond demand.
They don't (appear to) force sales beyond production capabilities.
They don't spend money except where it's needed.
R&D appears to drive marketing.  (That's the real difference!)

Oh, and everyone wears a uniform.  Everyone.  White shirt & pants.

Pentax is probably the same or similar.
Just biding their time and taking things as they come.
Something we in the US/West are not used to.  We want it now,
tomorrow at the latest, but prefer yesterday.
It's a "safe" approach but easily a losing paradigm in a rapidly-changing
market segment.

2c,

Collin
KC8TKA