I keep a fairly keen eye on prices, as do many others here.
Looking @ http://www.mpex.com, RB67 prices have been dropping.
Pentax is down a little from a year ago, but not much.
It's unique enough to hold its value.  Good for the retailer
and the company -- it's a product that's not in a surplus/commodity
position.

Also, in one of those "wish I had a few bucks handy" bargains that
was missed, Cord sold a RB67 ProS, 127mm C, w/l, 120 back for $499!
Went fast.  Someone got a bargin.

The digital onslaught continues.

By the time the Pentax is released the consumer purchasing momentum will
provide them with rapid sales.  It would seem that they don't want to
enter too early when sales are slow.  This will give them a rapid return
on their R&D & Marketing investments.  Just like the SLR boom of the late
70s did wrt the M bodies.

This seems to be a defensive posture, but necessary to a smaller player.

Also, isn't the LX really of 'M'-class design?  It's roughly the same size
and basic design.

So, who wants to join me in building my an 8x10 this summer?  (seriously)
(Because of cost it'll begin life as a pinhole camera, shooting onto paper,
and doing reverse contact prints.)

The list has been really busy lately.
Even the quantity of digests has been overwhelming.
So, who's been posting instead of shooting?  Fess up! :)

Collin

http://mail2web.com/ .