Aaron wrote:

> 126 is pretty much a dead format...the only people who can process and
> print it are either custom labs or places with late '70s to mid '80s
> minilabs (anything newer than mid-'80s and they wouldn't have bothered
> spending the money on the mask or lens sets for 126).  Konica may still
> produce their 126 film, but Agfa, Fuji and Kodak have all stopped.
>
> If you feel like forking out the cash, 4x5 negatives are great for
> pinhole...you build the camera as if you were making it for sheet paper,
> but you have shorter exposure times and the flexibility of contacting or
> enlargling from a neg.  Of course, this is much cheaper if you process
> your own.
>
> Out here in Canadaland, a box of 25 sheets of Tri-X is CDN $25 (though
> the price just shot wayyyyyyyy up in the latest Kodak price increase),
> and processing runs about $3 a sheet (but varies wildly from lab to
> lab).  Agfapan APX 100 is $16.99 for 25 sheets, and is just excellent.
>
> -Aaron

and Peter wrote:
Actualy this might work if you are willing to do your
own developing. However you will have to use ortho-
chromatic film, not the normal pan-chromaitic such as
tri-x etc.   They don't always use standard red or
yellow safe lights some use other colors.  I think
that various Kodak ortho films are still available in
35mm, 4x5 sheets.

and Texdance wrote:
    That's the ticket! The camera I am sending Steve will accept sheet
film/paper up to about 4x5. Sounds like the idea of using B&W print
paper instead of film should work great.

Geez - a large format (4x5) pinhole - now why am I giving this thing
away? I coulda been famous... maybe started a whole new school of
photography... waaaaaaaaahhhh.

and Treena wrote:
When I was researching pinhole photography a couple of months ago, I came
across Bender Photographic on the web. They have a lot of pinhole camera
kits that take 120 roll film, and one that takes 35mm cartriges. They also
sell Pentax body caps (for both screwmount cameras and K mount cameras) with
brass pinholes built in. For anyone who wants to get into large format on
the cheap, they have build-it-yourself 4x5 kits for less than $300, and I
think they offer 8x10, too. Hope this helps. I'd like to try a little
pinhole photography myself.

I write:
]I thank all of you for responding to my little project, very kind of you. I
think
since I do not know about contacts and such, I`ll use a body cap on the LX
with a piece of brass fastened on it. I know, I`m a chicken.
Thanks again,
Steve