Read an article in a photomag by an older, experienced writer whom I
respect. He says these new tulip shaped "perfect hoods" are anything but!
Seems their odd scooped-out shapes allow all kinds of flare and glare into
the lens. Man says nothing beats a $5 (imperfect?) rubber lens hood for
effectiveness...
I agree... Because IMO, form should always follow function!
But in our modern consumerist culture, if it looks good (sexy?) (-a
machine?) then that's much more desirable even if it can't do the job...
Dosk