[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  I´m new in the forum, and it seems that the new Pentax *ist (35mm) is not a
>  favourite among forum members.

This is a list of whiners!  They want everything, but bought Pentax because
it was cheap, an economical choice with good value.  Pentax has been slow to
introduce a digital camera that will allow the mounting of all the old 35mm
lenses that are owned by folks in this forum.  Now that Pentax is close to
releasing a beginner's version of such a digital camera, these same folks are whining
because some of their 30 year old equipment will not be compatible.

So be it, I say!  I've got some great lenses and some old cameras that
produce wonderful images on film.  This stuff can't be replaced at today's
manufacturing costs and quality levels.  I'm gonna keep using it and being happy!

Regards,  Bob S.