>Hmmm.... Can any digital print be called a "Photograph"? Perhaps a "Digital
>Image" would be more appropriate!

Oxford Pocket says:

Photograph:
Picture taken by means of a chemical action of light on sensitive film.

With this as a baseline, it would be ultimately wrong to call an inkjet
print from a digital camera image a 'photograph' because the original was
not  'taken by means of a chemical action of light on sensitive film'.

UNLESS we are describing the light-sensitive digital sensor as a 'film'
(EG '... there was a thin film of oil covering her golden writhing
body...') viz:  '...the camera had an electronic device inside it that
had a film of material on it capable of retaining an image captured
through the lens...'

HOWEVER if we ignore this as spiltting hairs and stick with the Oxford
definition, and a digital image on an inkjet print therefore cannot be
called a 'photograph', then what of an inkjet print made from a scan of a
35mm negative - still inkjet but now called a photograph?

IF THIS argument is followed to the letter, then 'photograph' clearly is
the wrong name. I suggest something like 'digigraph' to demark the
origination of the image - (..I took this photograph on my MX, and this
digigraph on my D60, nyuk nyuk nyuk...)

THIS HABIT of capitalising the first two words of each sentence is now
tiresome and I will stop.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__