whickersworld wrote:

  Obviously the shrink advised you to vent your frustration upon pdml
  as the cheap alternative to having to get the F100 and afferent
  lenses.
  ;o)
  Now seriously, of your long list you can retain the points related
  to speed (AF, shutter, etc.) However, these are not paramount for a
  lot of people who prefer a more deliberate approach to photography,
  and for whom the MZ-S is close to perfect.
  And btw, I have yet to hear of the MZ-S poor build quality, low
  shutter life, high vibration or poor multisegment metering with or
  without the flash.

  Servus,   Alin

w> So you don't find the following F100 features useful?
w>
w> - Extremely fast and accurate AF with all AF Nikkors
w>
w> - Even faster AF with AF-S Nikkors (similar to Canon USM)
w>
w> - 3D matrix metering with multiple segments
w>
w> - Support for VR (vibration reduction, similar to Canon IS)
w>
w> - 1/8000 sec fastest shutter speed
w>
w> - 1/250 sec fastest flash synch speed
w>
w> - Matrix balanced TTL auto flash
w>
w> - Built in 5 frames/sec motor drive
w>
w> - Extremely low shutter and mirror vibration
w>
w> - Very long life shutter, even with hard use
w>
w> I am sure there are many more I haven't thought of.  Having
w> used a Nikon F100 for my work, and having borrowed an MZ-S
w> for a long trial, I can assure you that the F100 is a far,
w> far better camera than the MZ-S, even when used hard and
w> neglected,

w> There's only one significant way in which the MZ-S is a
w> better camera than the F100.  That is, it has the ability to
w> mount Pentax glass.  And that's the only reason I'm
w> considering buying one at today's vastly lower, but far more
w> realistic UK price.  It would replace my LX while it's being
w> repaired (SMS), and supplement my outfit (LX, Super A [2],
w> MX and ME Super) thereafter.