I talked to my favorite camera dealer today for the
first time since he got back from the PMA.  His
reaction was the same as Dick's brother's.  My guy
also doesn't feel he can sell it for at the price
Pentax will be asking (dealer cost about USD 800).
He's frankly perplexed at Pentax's marketing strategy.
 The only people he sees buying the camera are serious
Pentax fanatics, an exceedingly small market.

This guy is no fool.  Years of experience in
photojournalism and commercial photography.  A
darkroom wizard, both fine art and commercial.  For
the last 15-20 years has run the best full service
camera store in town.

How is Pentax going to move product if they can't win
over people like him and Dick's brother?

Dick's brother wrote:
>Our Pentax rep brought an MZ-S in last week. The one
thing that
overshadows
>all else about the camera is it's price. With a
street price of $850
>$900, it will not sell very well.  We figure, based
on fell and
features, it
>should be priced at about $600.

=====