Such a brilliant scholar should then have heard of an institution named The Library Of Congress, which, amongst other things, is in the business of organizing and maintaining a huge collection of graphic materials. They have to classify even such arcane things as kallitypes, megalethoscope prints, crystoleum photographs and bromoil prints.
They obviously must have some method in their classification, which I suspect is far more complete in scope than Joe Blow's one.

But this is PDML, where a word means whatever the poster wanted it to mean. And more recently they started to do that to numbers too.

cheers,
caveman