Fra: Bruce Rubenstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 22. juni 2003 03:06
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Lens Mount Progress

You can't test one camera to determine the designed MTBF of the shutter.
For a manufacturer, a shutter designed for 100,000 cycles means that
very few would fail before 100,000 cycles. It would all depend on how
similar one shutter would be in terms of manufacturing/process tolerance
and what percentage of failures before 100,000 cycles was deemed
acceptable. Figure that mode of the failure distribution curve was
closer to 125,000 cycles.

BR