Hey everyone,
    Playing with an MX.  I got into photography with a ZX-M
so I am a bit spoiled by its automation so I have what is
really a question about any mechanical camera.  I was
fiddling with the MX when the film advance lever lost its
recoil and the film counter disk above the lever "stuck" and
would jump erratically with movement of the lever.  I
realized that this occurred when I had hand tightened the
rotating disk on top of the film advance lever.  So, it was
pretty obvious that this disk was overtightened and screwing
up everything.  I had to fashion a paper clip tool to loosen
the disk and all was well.  So, my question is how loose
should the disk on top of the film advance lever be?  I ask
this because it seems to spin loose quite easily and I just
spin it back with my finger.  It's not a big deal but why did
the engineers design something to be so finicky?  Thanks for
the mechanical and historical information.

-Chris
|         Chris Comer           |
|        VP of Projects         |
|   UGA Habitat for Humanity    |