I believe the Auto Tak 55/1.8 has 10mm of helical extension.  Anyway, my
mouldy old SMC Tak 55/2 has 10mm helical extension and is reputably the same
basic lens with a restrictor.  If you wound the helical out fully, with a
10mm tube added, you require very slightly less than a stop extra exposure.
Without any helical extension the correction is slightly less than 1/2 stop
extra.

So you should have been (with the 55mm lens) between 1/2 stop overexposed
and correctly exposed.  With a negative film that means that you were
correct for all practical purposes.  If the film is drastically overexposed
then its not your technique at fault.  If the fault is truly overexposure
due to the camera/tube/lens combo, and both lenses showed the problem, I
would suspect that the stopdown levers didn't engage all the way through the
chain.  Either the camera-tube or the tube-lens connection was probably
misaligned.

Another possibility is that the tube has too much drag in the stopdown
linkage for the lens to overcome.  As I've recently described in other
threads, the lens is at rest at its selected aperture, and the camera holds
it at the maximum aperture against its spring tension.  When the shutter is
tripped (or DOFP operated) the stopdown lever is retracted so that the lens
can return to its resting state, i.e. the selected aperture.  If the relay
levers in the tube were stiff then the lens's lever was either unable to
overcome the resistance, or was slowed down enough to still be stopping down
when the shutter opened.

You can check this by dry-firing the camera/tube/lens combo with a flash
connected and the back open or off.  Look through the shutter into the lens
and you should see the selected aperture lit up momentarily by the flash.
If it's wider or fully open, but OK with only the camera & lens and no tube,
then the fault will have been found.

It might only be a matter of bending a lever to get proper alignment, or
lightly lubricating the tube's relay linkage.  Check first and you might
find it's a DIY job, and avoid the cost of a camera tech.

regards,
Anthony Farr