From: Christian Skofteland [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 23 June 2003 11:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: (o)possums (was: Agfa Competition)

Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, species.

For Virginia opossum: Kingdom: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, (sub-phylum:
Vertebrata), Class: Mamalia, Order: Marsupalia, Family: Didelphidae,
Genus:
Didelphis, species: virginiana.

For Brushtail possum:  Kingdom: Animalia, Phylum: Chordata, (sub-phylum:
Vertebrata), Class: Mamalia, Order: Marsupalia, Family: Phalangeridae,
Genus: Trichosurus, species: vulpecula.

The opossums in your yard in California are Virginia opossums that were
"introduced" there.  They are not native, but quite happy to terrorize
the
countryside.

Christian Skofteland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]