on 6/23/03 9:29 AM, tom at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]
I bought one of Tom's from him, it became my second MZ-S. Apart from the
fact the he removed and lost every single cover from every single body
aperture, (<VBG>) the camera is in fine shape. Like the old Timex watches,
they take a licking and keep on ticking no matter what John Cameron Swazey
or Tom does to them...

Anyone who has not at least held the MZ-S, better yet used it, is really
missing out on a treat. I hope that the *istD I have on order has at least
some of the character of this camera. Users of Spotmatics or LXen would feel
very at home with the MZ-S. And I am constantly amazed at how accurate the
light meter is. (For brad dodo, aka caveperson in Canada, accurate =
reliable [consistently repeatable measurement] and valid [close
approximation to ideal measure, as judged from results.]) I have had cameras
before that were reliable (like my old Nikon, it was always wrong) but never
one that was this spot-on valid.

BTW, my "on-order" D is really on virtual order because my shop's rep won't
accept a formal order until Pentax USA announces that there is such a camera
in production someplace, to be delivered sometime at some stated price...
Once I do have the *istD, if it comes close to meeting my expectations,
I'll have my remaining LX, my 645's, and one of the MZ-S up for sale, along
with a few of the classic lenses... stay tuned.

Stan