----- Original Message -----
From: "Pål Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I suspect, but could be wrong of course, that the MZ-S is the last "gift" to
people using older K-mount gear in conjunction with newer AF gear. With the
MZ-5/n/3 they gave us the cheap alternative. With the MZ-S they gaves us the
well built expensive one. I suspect from now on Pentax may concentrate on
more mainstream cameras; more like Canons. After all, they sell well.

Pål,
    I wonder if Pentax will introduce a new mount for a pro-level SLR and
maintain the KAF for the consumer. The new lenses are certainley "consumer"
optics. On the other hand, perhaps Pentax will be leaving that market in the
pro-level 35mm SLRs and concentrating on their MF gear which it is well
placed and well respected.
    At my age, I am very happy with my MF gear both K and M42. But, then
again, I learned photography and the current buyers couldn't care less - all
they want are good prints.

Cheers,
Bob Rapp