Fra: jerome [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 3. juli 2003 05:17
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: D-ist blurb in "American Photo" magazine

Admittedly, I picked up the mag because J-Lo was adorning the cover... oh
and I
was looking for some tips on environmental portraits (more on that later,
perhaps)... but (j) lo and behold, there was a blurb about the D-ist just a
few
pages over.

>From the magazine (July / August issue):

It's name may be in inpronounceable, but this model, the ist Pentax D-SLR,
has
impressive specs. Despite its claim to be the smallest interchangeable-lens
D-
SLR, it features a 6.1 megapixel sensor, 16 segment metering, and 11 point
wide-
angle autofocus. It’s shutter speeds go up to 1/4000 second, and fires at up
2.7 frames per second.

It’s viewfinder is excellent, especially by D-SLR standards, providing a 95
percent field of view and .95X magnification. Two separate dials control
lens
aperture and shutter speed. The camera gives you a choice of JPEG, TIFF, and
Raw image files, saved on CF Type I/II  cards. It’s powered by four AA
batteries or two CR-V3 lithium cells, and can be used with an optional
battery
grip. Best of all, it’s compatible with current Pentax AF and manual focus
lenses. Those who will bitch and moan about backwards compatibility are
likely
the same old farts that wouldn’t have bought the camera anyway, unless it
was
to be found at a yard sale or on eBay for 20% of retail. Pentax was smart
not
to design this beauty with those folks in mind.

Okay… Okay…. !! The last two sentences weren’t in the article… You can call
that my editorial additions.

But back to the J-Lo thing <g>… There was quite a spread of photos of the
pop
star (including 4 different cover shots on the stands… "collect them all!"
<HAR>) But to even keep this part of my rant on topic, you’d be pleased to
know
that a handful of the shots were taken with a Pentax 67 [and Portra 160NC, I
believe].

Regards,
        jerome

___