> But isn't this the af adapter for mf lenses. The way I understand is that it
> moves the tc element to make mf lenes "af". It does not actually pass the af
> info to the lens

Your understanding is correct. In that respect, I suppose it can be said that
it is not a "true" AF adaptor. Sorry to have misled you. However, I wouldn't
say that it is totally useless for an AF lens (I use it with an FA 300mm 2.8),
as it can be used in the same fashion as you described for the mf lenses.

It is my hope (and I'm sure that of plenty others) that Pentax eventually gets
around to fixing such omissions in their gear line-up.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
     - jerome