Hey Anthony: no one has said it better than you did. Excellent points.
People can I suggest something here.
How about for the next month we think of positive ways to use our cameras and
positive ways to discuss them. I for one am not really bothered that my older
K and M lenses will need an external light meter to work properly with the
IstD. If need be I'll take a meter reading with one of my FA lenses and just
flip it over to manual and use my K or M lens. No big deal. The problem is so
many of us don't understand lighting and couldn't take a picture if our life
depended on it without a meter... Sunny 16 works for me.... or use another body to
get a meter reading and go from there...
Vic