Jan,

If you buy in the USA, you have to ad sales tax, about 6%, if you order
out of state you don't but you have to pay for the shipping. When you
have it sent to the NL you have to pay duties, unless you can avoid it
in a smart way. Very often it still pays to buy it in the USA.
I bought many items from B&H during the time I lived in the USA, and
also later when I lived in the Netherlands or the UK where I currently
live. I bought my 24-90mm from Peter in sunny Brighton, it was not worth
it for me to buy it in the USA at that time.

When I lived in Amersfoort, I had to pay a local shop twice the price I
had to pay B&H for the Tamron macro 90mm AF, so you understand I picked
it up on a trip to the USA (at that time the company was doing a lot
better then now, so travel is now restricted). The local shop even never
heard of the availability of this lens for Pentax AF. Oh well...

In a few weeks I will be living in Amersfoort again, time will tell if I
can find a job in the company in the Netherlands again, or I will be
FMP'd a few months later.

Groeten uit zonnig Wiltshire
Frits

--