Warren, is your 300/5.6 closing up to f/32? If not, you should be
  concerned about underexposing with one stop when setting the
  aperture from the body. This is due because the body mistakenly
  takes the maximum 5.6 for 4 and will mistake every other aperture
  with one stop. You can already simulate the behaviour of *ist d with
  a camera capable of setting the aperture from the body, like Z1-p,
  MZ-7, etc. if you have one. Take an exposure reading with the
  aperture set from the lens, and a second one with the aperture set
  from the body.

  From the Adaptall-2 KA adaptor manual: "when using Tamron lenses
  with a maximum aperture of f/4.5 or slower (maximum aperture at wide
  end) in the program AE oe shutter-priority AE position [my note:
  this is always the case with *ist d], underexposure can be cause if
  the indicated aperture value in the viewfinder is faster than the
  original maximum aperture value (f/4.5 or slower). In this case
  please use aperture priority AE or Manual modes [my note: which the
  *ist d does not support with aperture set from the lens ring]".

  As for the 500/8, this will behave like a K/M lens, that is you can
  take pictures with it in Av/M modes if you enable the custom
  function that unlocks the shutter if the aperture ring is not on A.
  Apparently you won't be able to use the meter in manual mode.

  All other lenses you mentioned should be okay.

  Servus,   Alin