I was replying to post about "advanced Pentax customers" and I replied in this context. Users who have never bought a single Pentax item new aren't even customers and never have been. And those who bought equipment more than 20 years ago are previous customers. Pentax doesn't really care about either of those (not surprisingly).
A third category, like Arnold, is so few and far between that they don't really count.
Pentax isn't interested in users. They are a business and care about customers.

And there is the 4th category - those who keep buying Pentax products but complaining constantly. They don't consider those are their customers either because of the trouble (the truth doesn't really matter). They care about your money, not the whining. And that is me. :-)

Btw, the correct statement should be " They are a business and care about money."

regards,
Alan Chan