>There is a loss in the first jpeg save. How much depends on how much
>compression you choose. That lost may be acceptable to you, but still it is
>there.

>Ciao,
>Graywolf
>http://pages.prodigy.net/graywolfphoto

I've done a lot of digital drawing in PaintShop Pro. They have their own
proprietary file format for fooling around (redrawing, layering, etc.) that has no
information loss when saved (I think it is compressed very little --
Photoshop also has its own proprietary format for exactly the same reasons).  I've
reloaded saved jpegs to redraw and, well, that simply does not work. Every save
does degrade the image. Enough so one can actually see it. So if one is smart,
one uses the PPP file always, for all editing, and only saves a completed
image as jpeg for web pages and such. And then one never saves it again, never
resaves it. Just that once.

Marnie aka Doe :-)