rspective)?=

Użytkownik Pĺl Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> napisał:

>Firstly, the MZ-models will be gone while the *ist is still around.

So far the MZ-models ARE still around and there are no information about their
discontinuation.

> Secondly, you can call it something else than entry level if it pleases you.

I do, so what? What Pentax does is important, as it reflects the approach to the
customers.

> Entry level means that camera will apeal to first time slr buyers without lots of
> lenses. This is the
> target for the *ist.

No way. The MZ-60 or MZ-30 are the cameras you're talking about. First time slr buyers
don't buy the cameras packed with features - like the *ist. Beginners often buy them
with lenses like 28-200 and that's a starting point for them... This is completely
different market. Almost none of such buyers cares for features like P-TTL, HSS,
wireless control, Servo AF, spot metering, MLU, even DOFp. Zounds of the AF sensors
are unnecessary for them too. They usually need something inexpensive and fully
automated - over time their needs change of course, but that's what they need at the
beginning.
Pentax filled its base class SLR segment too much. They don't have room for anything
below the *ist, unless they call it "the camera for monkeys"
Regards
Artur