> I'll repost below the result of some lens tests I
did that
> included the
> PZ 28-105. I have two of these and used them as my
basic zoom for
> while. Then I discovered how much sharper is the
Tokina 28-80
> f2.8, so
> it is now my basic zoom.

Thank you Joseph. Your tests cured my zoom-phobia. I
have always thought that the since 28-105 PZ has an
excellent reputation as a very sharp lens but it
still wasn't sharp enough when compared to any of my
primes, I have to stick with prime lenses only.
Turns out I was very wrong indeed. Your lens test is
a great relief to me, the 28-105 isn't that
invincible and there are much sharper zooms than
that. I will give that Tokina 28-80/2.8 a closer look.

I guess we have to look very hard for good
wide-to-tele zooms, but at least they exist.