Just curious if anyone has this enlager or used it at one
time.I have a
concern about the condenser.
I was checking the enlarger out this weekend to make sure all the pieces are still
intact
etc.
when i started to play with the lever that raises the condenser so the negative can
slide
under it and
onto the carrier.Its been so long since i used it ii cannot remember if this is the
norm
for it,but, the lever
has a lot of play in it before it makes contact with the lip on the condenser and then
it
only raises it up
very slightly.I dont think enough though.It looks to me as if it will damage the neg's
on
one end.
I could probably find some sort of nut or something to put on the knobs that raise the
condenser,but
i'm just curious to see if anyone has experience with this and what they did.The other
thing i had in
mind was to make a thinner carrier out of bristol board with some felt or velvet type
material
to help with scratching.
I found some of my old enlargements with the unit(done in 1966-69)and they look ok,no
marks etc.

Any thoughts before i ruin my lifes work<g>

Dave(big neg)Brooks