Marnie wrote:

First time I've heard this. I switched lately from Velvia to Provia F because
a lot on this list said it scanned better since Velvia is more color
saturated. And that does appear to be true based on my recent scanning
experience.

But what does low accutance mean? Huh?

REPLY:
Accutance is basically another word for sharpness. More precisely how parts
of an image is separated from another adjacent parts. Provia F is in reality
less sharp than Kodachrome 200; a very coarse grained film, but it has much
higher resolution. Provia F is significantly less sharp than both Velvia and
Kodachrome 25; it only about "half" as sharp but resolve more. In real life Provia
F shown more deatil but the details are fuzzy whereas eg. Kodachrome show less
detail but the details it shown are very sharp.
I actually prefer high accutance before high resolution (within reason) and
it is also what digital does well. I'm certain that digital will affect lens
designers choice of compromises in lenses.

Pål

Reply to Reply:

Thanks! That's very interesting. Guess I wasn't weird after all to really
like Velvia. But it does make me sort of wonder where Velvia 100 will fall within
those parameters.

Marnie aka Doe :-)