From: "Raimo Korhonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 2:40 AM
Subject: Vs: Pentax is a Zeiss name? was Re: Cosima makes a new Spotmatic

> Praktica was originally made by Kamera Werkstatten at first in Dresden,
then in Niedersedlitz (wherever that may be) - Pentacon was formed later in
1964 by joining together several (five?) East German state-owned camera
manufacturers, from 1959 under the name of VEB Kamera und Kinowerke Dresden.
The Praktica factory seems to exist at Niedersedlitz and belongs to the
former owners, the Noble family - they make Noblex panoramic cameras.