Rüdiger wrote:

It is interesting, that the the new D2h uses the same AF patern than the
*ist/*istD.
There are also three new DX lenses, a 10.5 fisheye, a 2.8/17-55 and a VR
4/200-400 all for a faktor of 1.5.

REPLY:

Maybe they use the same AF system (I do believe these patterns are patented)? Pentax
and Nikon share shutter units and sensor used in DSLR. Maybe they share subcontractors
or cooperate on technology.
The 200-400/4 AF-S VR lens is extremely interesting. Simply a dream lens for  many
nature shooters. Everything from 400mm to 16mm is now in the realms of zooms. This is
the market trend.
Now if an F6 or an F200 turns up soon, I might be tempted along with the 24-120 VR +
the 200-400 VR lenses.

Pċl