Got a chance to look at the *ist at Citizens Photo here in Portland, OR.
Small and light instrument unlike my PZ1-P.  I like the FA-J lens zoom that
comes with the camera as a package deal.  The clerk tried to use an older
K-mount lens with the body and it wouldn't function.  With a newer FA prime
lens he was able to get it to operate.
I own 5 K-mount lenses and a couple of F-zooms that I assume would work OK
with the *ist and the digital body.  I know I won't be buying the *ist film
camera.   The *ist-D might be a purchase depending on what I read about on
this list and elsewhere.

Jim A.