>    * From: Paul.Stregevsky
>    * Subject: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>    * Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 14:47:57 -0800

> You said it, Gerald. Several of my lenses took so difficult to find, I
> hesitate to use them outside of the house.

Hi Paul, in my view this statement qualifies you as camera and lens
collector instead of a photographer. Please don't feel insulted. If
you don't dare to use a lens, it is quite useless no matter how
brilliant its optics is. Buy something else you like to use.

I had my dearest equipment stolen earlier this year (I reported here)
including a not so easy to replace SMC-A28/2.0. To me, it died an
heroic dead in action. By now I bought (all used) a MZ-5n, FA43/1.9
and M135/3.5 as well as a inexpensive Sigma EF430ST flash. I have to
admit that none of them is really difficult to replace, though the
43/1.9 is a bit on the expensive side (at least for me).

Just a piece for thought.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:29:14 -0800
> From: "Gerald Cermak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: OT: Earthquake in Seattle
>
> jeepgirl asks:
>
> > Have you thought about insurance?
> > jeepgirl
>
> Good insurance will pay for the actual replacement price of all items, but
> it won't cover the time spent (and hassles) re-acquiring a large collection
> of Pentax equipment, especially if most of the equipment is no longer
> manufactured.

Judging from the (too) large number of ebay related posts on this list, I
thought at least some people on this list like the time spend hunting
Pentax lenses.