Heavy, monstrous, black, deadly looking equipment getting odd looks, that,
anyone can understand... (But who wants to use this awkward stuff? Just to
impress people? I'd rather not get that kind of impression; one gets better
photos without it.)
But, people looking at you differently because you're using one type of SLR
instead of another? That sounds like a mild case of consumerist paranoia to
me. IMO, most people are just not that camera wise; they couldn't care less
what brand you are using...
And some people just generally don't like having their picture taken also.
Have you ever considered that?
Dosk

Subject: Re: respect and cameras (was: First look at MZ-S)