>From Skip....

Ok;
Here's what I consider a perfect mini system for me:

(All K-mounts---)
a 24mm fast WA lens. (still in process)
a 50mm f1.4   (have: the excellent Pentax FA version)
a moderate tele zoom (have: a great Pentax 75-150mm f4 M)
a good 2x convertor. (have: a good Tamron 2x)

And oh, a good Pentax body to mount these guys on. (Have: a ZX-M. But am in
process toward's something else good too...) (Pentax, of course!)

As you can see, I only like my zooms in the telephoto and up format. This is
for close-ups of distant stuff, naturally, but also because it's not always
easy to move around something that's farther away, in order to compose it.
But for closer stuff I like prime 'normals' and WA's. I like to move all
around a close subject with my arms, head, hands and feet. (And with even a
camera, sometimes.)
One can still do this with a zoom of course, but then I find myself
unnecessarily fussing with the focal length too, which takes some of the
'decisive' pleasure out of it. (Do you understand this? Best I can put
it...)
And I don't think that some of that extra, annoying, (to me, anyway,) zoom
focal length fussing really always gets me a better shot in the long run,
either.
Skip
(And please, no flames needed here. That's just dumb kid stuff.  This
perfect personal system is only one guy's opinion, and if you want to differ
I'll be glad to hear about it. But in friendly words...)