"tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I think we'll se a 1D replacement, maybe called a 3D? 1.3 multiplier,
>6 to 9 megs. That camera has to be fast, so the sensor won't be huge.
>This is the only segment they're feeling any pressure in, as the D2H
>comes to market.

Yep. That's the first Canon DSLR I'd expect to see replaced, too. It
already has a (physically) larger sensor so all they really *need* to do
to beat the Nikon D2H is increase the buffer size and add wireless data
transfer. Not even sure that would justify a new model number. Upping
the pixel count to 6 meg would justify an new model designation but I
don't know if they would bother increasing the pixel count for its
intended PJ customers. I guess news photogs would always have the option
of shooting at lower resolution if they wanted to.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing