A Canon L 16-35 lens is about $1300 USD.
That's 2.8 throughout.
Compare the quality to anything close to what Pentax offers.
The closest item is a 17-28 3.5-4.5 zoom - which is $435 USD - and slower
and not as wide a range.
Or if you want to compare a similar "pro" Pentax lens, the closest they can
get is 20-35 F4 which is $475 USD - still slower by a full stop and not as
wide an angle of view.

Banter back and forth as you will, but having seen the quality images that
the L lenses can produce, you're not going to come close with the Pentax
range until Pentax can release a "limited" zoom lens series.

For everyday photos and if you don't need to pursue "available light"
images, then I'm sure the Pentax lenses will be just fine.

Cheers,
Dave