frank,

LX seems to be a fairly popular "phrase" to be used by companies for products. I can't rattle off a list right now (brain is half-dead), but I know I've seen cars and various other things with descriptors of "LX". I think they think it stands for luxury.

IL Bill

frank theriault wrote:
I got a spam today that was very weird.  The e-mail came from an "Elsa
Alikhan" - that's not so odd, I don't know anyone by that name, so I
knew it was unsolicited crap, and was about to delete it, when I noticed
the subject line:

"Re: I like that lx"

Well, I thought it could have been an off-list e-mail from some lurker
(although I didn't remember such a thread on PDML).  So, I opened it (I
know I shouldn't have, but the reference to an LX in the subject line
really made me curious.  Of course, it was just an ad - apparently I can
eliminate all my debts;  all I have to do is contact them...

But still, what's with that LX reference.  Just a co-incidence?  If not,
how'd they know?  Anyone else get such an e-mail?

I suppose it's just one of those things, but what are the chances?

cheers,
frank

--
"I don't believe in God, but I do believe in pi" - Henri Cartier-Bresson

-- William Kane http://www.KaneScience.com IABT Advisory Board Member http://www.iabt.net Tinley Park High School 6111 W. 175th Street Tinley Park, IL 60477 V: 708/532-1900 ext 3909 http://www.bhsd228.com