> I just received an SMC-FA 35mm f/2 from B&H, new in the box. It's a
> beautiful lens, and the manual focus feel and the width of the
> focusing ring is a bit better than my FA 50/1.4 and 28/2.8, as others
> have commented. My question is about mounting the tulip hood --
> unless I'm missing something completely, it seems the hood mounting
> bayonet grooves on my lens aren't lined up correctly.
>
> The white line on my lens that is used for lining up with the white
> line on the hood for mounting purposes (line them up, then rotate the
> hood until it clicks into place) is located at between 2 and 3
> o'clock on the lens barrel with the front of the lens facing me.

I have just checked my SMC-FA 35m f/2 lens and viewed from the front of
the lens the white mark you describe is at approximately eleven o'clock.

My lens hood lines up correctly with the Pentax logo on the hood at  12
o'clock and the removable section of the lens hood is at 6 o'clock. It
is possible that you have a lens that has not been assembled correctly.

Harry

--
Harold Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>