I think you are wrong (and have been proven to be so today).

At least on the wide angle side they need some dedicated digital lenses.  They need
something like a rectilinear 12mm, which will be very difficult and expencive to
produce in a full frame version.

Also, I think any full frame sensor from Pentax will be in the 645-system, so why
maintain the full frame 135-format lenses?

DagT