I think most people hate telling others on the list that they don't like
their photos, for whatever reason, technical or otherwise. So they don't
say anything.
I don't know about others, but I was more or less raised with the old
saying that if you can't say something nice, keep it to yourself.
Not that I can always FOLLOW that advice, as you all know, but it seems
to me a photograph is such a personal effort, one hates to be less than
complimentary about it.
"Oh, yeah! That's really nice! [YUK!]"

It's a hard thing to do, to be less than complimentary about a fellow
photog's output!

I don't know if that's what stops anyone else from speaking out, but
that's why *I* don't post criticisms...

keith whaley

frank theriault wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know why no comments.  I have the same problem.  I put a photo up for
> critique, and what I want more than ratings is comments.  I get lots of views,
> quite a few ratings, no comments.
>
> Then, I put up family snapshot photos, just so I can send them to friends -
> they're obviously family snaps - and I get comments.  Go figure.
>
> regards,
> frank
>
> arathi-sridhar wrote:
>
> > hi Frank,
> > thanks for your observations and comments.
> > I hadnt thought of the goat coming in the way... interesting viewpoint.
> > any idea why I am not getting comments from viewers?
> > I guess photo.net works that way...
> > Sridhar

[...]