----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Paul,
> The Vivitar beats the Kiron in the following virtues: color saturation,
> contrast, and barrel distortion. The contrast, in particular, helps
details
> be visible in the shadows.

 I have to agree with you on the contrast and saturation of the Vivitar,
it is sweet. Sharpness is not bad either, especially at f8 (I know, any
lenses that aren`t)

> Focusing on both is very smooth, but the Vivitar's helicoid travels a much
> smaller art.
> The Kiron can accept a rectangular hood; the Vivitar's front barrel
> rotates; hence, HAMA hoods are out. I have yet to find a suitable hood for
> the Vivitar.

 I found a "Vivitar WIDEANGLE  HOOD 58mm   Japan" (that`s what it says
on the hood) that I got off ebay that I think is perfect for the 28mm
Vivitar.
 I need to find another one since I have one in K mount and M42.
I wonder if Vivitar made a hood specifically for it?
Steve Larson
Redondo Beach, California